Well I may not know about most people but when ever I eat any kind of meat i have a tendency to feel guilty about it. Sure, the guilt last only a few minutes and then disappears until the next meal but its still there lingering in the back of my mind, or gut.
Thanks to great research being done world wide, you and I will no longer need to feel guilty after eating meat. WHY???
In Vitro Meat, or as most people know it, Test Tube Meat. This meat is grown from Muscle Fibers of beef grown in a laboratory. This meat is free of fat, unless scientist add id for flavor, and is purely muscle fiber and best of all no Slaughter House required! This is a relativity new idea, and it still faces many challenge; these include the delivery and nutrition of the meat and the time it takes to grow.
There are many skeptics about the healthiness of these meats, but there are always skeptics for everything. I see this as a way to change our industrial beef, pork and chicken farm/factories and slaughter houses into growing facilities.
Picture your self in the Future, waking up on a sunny Sunday morning with an urge for Steak on a grill, and all you have to do is walk into your kitchen. having your own Meat Growing facility next to your refrigerator and being able to eat you own Home Grown Meat. Where Industrial Meat companies virtually have ceased to exist. No trip to the store required, and you can choose your own flavors and texture. Now that is a future I would love to live in. Yummmmmmm!!!! ^_^


Hello Ulises!
ReplyDeleteThis blog post about grown meat seems interesting and definitely has a futuristic appeal to its concept. However, I would think that although it sounds like a great idea, there would also be possible loopholes. For example, what if it was revealed that the grown meat contains bacteria, and the bacteria was linked with diseases or even death? In addition, what do you think would happen to the livestock if they are no longer needed for feeding people? Just curious what your thoughts are.
- Kate
WOW! This is cool yet weird. Do think this would shift the food chain in away? Man vs. Nature was implemented for a reason, to keep the balance. I think the burger would taste very different as well. Overall I like this blog, it causes me to reflect on ''the now''.
ReplyDelete