Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Entry # 4 Remenber?

What were you talking about just now?
Oh, sorry I know you just told me your name, but what was it again?
 I know that I took out my phone for some reason other than Facebook. I left my room for a reason, hmmmm.
Why am I doing this again?
 Ever studied for an exam and completely forgot all the topics and details you ingrained into your head, until after you turned in the exam?


 Those are the kinds of thought that people are confronted with every day. Doing something important and going off in a different direction, getting distracted, for just a moment and completely forgetting what that important task was.

 Why is memory so unreliable?

 Memory is now widely accepted to be a reconstruction of events, rather than a recording. Meaning that when you remember something you don’t just call up the specific event, you recall its components that make it up and then put them together. So there is a great chance for mistake. The memories may appear concrete but that doesn't mean they are perfect.

So how can you make the most of the tool you most rely on.

  • Good Exercise and Sleep
    • When one exercises there is more oxygen running threw the brain and this is very helpful to reduce disorders that can cause memory loss.
    • Sleeping well is a critical part in normal functionality. The deepest stage in the sleep Cycle(REM)  ´
  • Friends and Fun 
    • Laughter is stimulates multiple areas of the brain.
    • Having fun and laughing will has been shown to  



No comments:

Post a Comment